Monday, March 30, 2015

Adventure Moods Come at All Times

Its hard to keep focused on one thing nowadays with the multiple distraction that are present in my life.  Like sports, work, and school are just a few examples.  I constantly find myself day dreaming of me travelling to some random country and living with the people, not being a tourist with my flower designed button up shirt, bucket hat, camera hung around my neck, cargo shorts equipped with a fanny pack, and finished off with the infamous pair of socks and sandals.  No I see myself as the guy who has all he needs in his camping backpack on his back, long, pulled back, dread-like hair style because he hasn't got it cut since he left home years ago.  The scraggly beard going because he has no care for what his appearance is in this new world of his.  Dirt under his nails from climbing around in the unscathed forest to find that perfect view of the sunrise.  A worn out rain jacket that never seems to come off because he never knows what tomorrows weather will bring.  A pair of dirty torn jeans from all the falls he  has taken while hiking or chasing down his next ride.  A pair of hiking boots with frayed laces and worn out souls, this man's soul is alive.  You can see it in the sparkle of amazement in his eyes, the constant gleam of a smile underneath his messy beard.

Some days I see myself going on a hike through a forest, a mist coming down off the mountains, absorbed by the trees and plants around me.  Following the distant sound of water crashing on rock, plant, and itself. After walking through the fern and morning fog the was only a few feet off the ground, I come to an opening, where in front of me is a beautiful water fall.  This waterfall falls twenty feet down a cliff face, lined with fern and moss trying to grab a hold to soft rock, into an immense water hole that is so crystal clear you can see each individual pebble in the depths of the water. This is one of the many reoccurring places I visit in my day dreams.  I never get to do anything once I get to the place, I also lose the thought when I get to that point, as if these exact places are out there somewhere in this world and these dreams are pushing me to  go out and find them.  To experience it in the flesh rather than in my mind.  They are always the exact same, except for one thing.  Some times its just me, and others I am holding hands with a girl as she runs ahead pulling me to move faster because she can't wait to get there.  I never see her face, just her dark hair and arm as she continues to urge me on and comment on how slow I am, and I slightly smile because I'm in love with this faceless girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment