Thursday, August 21, 2014

Life of Adventure



Many of you people may not know me, so I'm going to use this blog as a way for you to get to know me as well.  Well I believe the best place to start is from the end and work back, so I am going to tell you about my future.  No this isn't what I want to do.  This is what I am going to do because I will not accept anything less. I am going to get a wildlife biology degree out of college with a minor in film. I am going to begin raising money and as soon as I have enough I'm selling all of my belongings but a backpack, a select amount of clothes, and some basic film equipment.  With these few materials I am going embark on the journey of a lifetime.  My life goal is to visit every country in the world and I am going to record my travels and the wildlife I encounter.  With these recordings I am going to set up a Youtube channel where I can share all of my videos.  With all of the crap that is on television and the internet, I believe being able to watch a real adventure where you get to learn about distant, mysterious lands will be a value to some people in this world. Now I know some of you may be saying, "Yea everyone wants to travel forever, but it never happens, you get married and settle down," yes that may be true for most people, but I am not most people.  I care not for a wife or kids, but to live my life knowing I did everything I wanted to do and settling down will stop me of just that.  I am someone who doesn't latch on to people, if I was given the chance to go on a trip, but I would not be able to see any of my friends again, I would be bags packed, never looking back because I realize I will only  keep in contact for a select few of my small group of friends after high school.  I know that sounds messed up, but this is my dream in life, the one thing I truly want and I refuse to let anything or one stop me.

"Where you are from is what creates you, but where you go is what shapes you"


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so great! The adventure and travel then documenting it on YouTube is something that I've dreamed of, too. I'm just not as confident as you in my abilities. I'm so glad that I read this, it totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete