Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on week 1

1)Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?

I think the only factor I will be forced to overcome are playing water polo because it takes up so much of my time, applying for the Naval Academy, and only have one computer available for me to work on at home.

2)Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 

I think one of my best learning experiences that changed me was being able to travel and learn about foreign countries.  The summer before my freshman year I traveled to Egar, Budapest, and Vienna.  While their I got the chance to learn about Hungarian and Austrian culture and history.  I was their with my high school water polo team, some players you may know: A.J. Franklin, Steven Tedsen, Carson Dacus, Kevin Stevens, Nathan Oh, Devon Toomoka, Cameron Cripe, etc.
I taught me that I learn best when I can read and see the things I'm learning about right in front of me and not seeing pictures or using the imagery from the book to imagine its true beauty.

3)What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

I am excited to try this open source learning.  I think it is a way of teaching that I have been looking for my entire schooling career; since I want to go to college where I shape my curriculum and learn hands on, I think this class is going to be a perfect stepping stone this year.  I look forward to broadening my vocabulary and having a better sense of the language.  This class is going to have a practical difference because I can get help from anyone in the class, there is more then one teacher, there is all of my classmates who I can work together with to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment